Misbah the best choice to lead in World Cup - Afridi

Shahid Afridi has said that Misbah-ul-Haq was the "best choice as Pakistan captain" for the upcoming World Cup. His comments in support of Misbah's captaincy came through a PCB media release after Shaharyar Khan, the PCB chief, had expressed disappointment with Afridi's remarks in a post-match conference after the third ODI.

"Let me state at the very outset, Misbah is the best choice as Pakistan captain for the ICC World Cup 2015," Afridi's statement said. "I have always backed him to the optimum whenever I have played under him, just as he had when I had the honour to captain the Pakistan team.

"I have already had the pride and honour to captain Pakistan several times. Trust me, it is no bed of roses, and all of us who have captained Pakistan, including Misbah, are fully aware of it. We get nothing more out of it than pride and honour; seldom do we get bouquets but more often brickbats.

"I have said this before, and I reiterate, that I shall continue to serve Pakistan Cricket and fully support Misbah to the best of my ability.

"This is my final statement on the issue".

Afridi, in the post-match press conference, had mentioned that he came to know about his being named the stand-in captain through the media. And when asked if he would like to continue as the one-day captain until the World Cup, Afridi had said, "I think whoever is captain - Misbah or me - we should know about it. If I am to captain in the World Cup then I should know about it."


You're reading an article about
Misbah the best choice to lead in World Cup - Afridi
This article
Misbah the best choice to lead in World Cup - Afridi
can be opened in url
http://naturalherbmedic.blogspot.com/2014/10/misbah-best-choice-to-lead-in-world-cup.html
Misbah the best choice to lead in World Cup - Afridi